So why am I writing today? I'm writing today because I have a blog! (duh) and because I had a nightmare. I haven't actually had one in a loooong time, so this stood out. Plus it was terrifying, so that kind of helped to make it memorable.
Basically, I was in my room, by myself as always, when suddenly a portal (with a blue rim, just like the one from Portal 1 and 2) opened in my bed. For some unknown reason, I flung myself at it and fell headfirst into total darkness. I landed, strangely enough, on my feet, standing in a swamp. There was water every where, and I couldn't really see that well because the sun was blocked out by the tall trees.
The "view" I had was more like a camera, and I could see myself, and the "camera" swivled around me like in a Michael Bay movie. I heard a branch snap and I turned, and there was nothing there. Then suddenly the water around me exploded and I found myself being dragged under the water of the swamp, by like a croc or something I guess.
So I'm splashing around and freaking out when suddenly something grabs me. It was something long and slender, like a ribbon or something, and it grabs my arm and yanks me pretty forcefully out of the water. I fly back like thirty feet and land, all the while, the crocs or whatever cause the water to boil and slosh. I go to turn around and see what saved me when suddenly, I'm back in my room...only I can't move.
Now, I've never had sleep paralysis, and I believe that I still hold that distinction. I think I was asleep the whole time but one of my friends said I was proably awake. I remember being stuck, literally stuck to bed, unable to move, and barely able to breathe. I could feel that someone was watching me, that someone was there in the room with me. It was some kind of dark presence, some kind of evil force in my mind. It almost seemed to be holding me down, and I could see this dark shape moving towards me. I couldn't make any of it out, and then just as I thought I had glimsped something like eyes, the whole room burst into flame. That's how I know I was sleeping, because my room isn't on fire and is just fine.
I woke up after that, terrified. I hate waking up from dreams like that, you always feel like whatever you just experienced happened, and that feeling stays with you a bit. Luckily I'm a pretty sound sleeper and hard to spook so I caught my breath, relaxed and laid back down. My dog was curled up at my feet, and he didn't even seem to notice I was distressed and wake me up. So much for animal senses, eh?
Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment